* Original MLK March: Attended as a teen, making it her first event of activism
* Became member of N.O.W. in 1977: Passaic County (NJ) Chapter member from 1977 to 2010
* “Women’s Haven”: As a member of Passaic County NOW, she co-founded the first battered women’s shelter in the county; also was member of the first hotline team
* Received “Guerilla Training” at Rutgers: Trained for abortion clinics’ defense; served as volunteer at Dr. Livingston’s Clinic, Metropolitan Associates in Englewood
* Strengthen Our Sisters (S.O.S.): Worked for Sandra Ramos for several years as a “Resident House Mother” in one of the West Milford facilities of her women’s and children’s shelter
* Belong to 3 Anti-Racism Groups: 1) Combating Racism Task Force of NOW-NJ; 2) Undoing Racism Committee (U.R.C.) of U.U. Church of Montclair; and 3) Chair of “W.I.N.”, (“Women In N.A.A.C.P.”) of Morris County Unit; member of Executive Committee
Involved in core issues:
1) E.R.A.; 2) Women’s Health (including abortion and reproductive freedom); 3) L.G.B.T.; 4) Rape; 5) Domestic Violence; 6) Anti-racism; and 7) Employment equality
She is currently the Action Vice President for NOW-NJ.
Ironically, both of Vicky’s children (nine and a half years apart) took their first steps in shoes on The Capitol steps at abortion marches and have been at many feminist events; as well as have both of her now adolescent grandchildren.