This Saturday is the 2020 New Jersey NOW State Conference that is to be held virtually. We are looking forward to connecting with you! The conference will kick off Saturday, October 3 at 1:00pm ET. The Zoom room will open to attendees at 12:30 PM.
If you have not yet registered for the conference yet, we encourage you to do so using the link below. (Note: This link is for eligible voting New Jersey NOW members only.)
Check out the planned agenda for the day:
12:30 PM Zoom Room opens for Credentialing
1:00 PM Business meeting/Call to Order Adopt Agenda
1:10 PM President’s Welcome
1:30 PM Adoption of Bylaws changes/Nomination Committee Report/Election of State Officers
2:00 PM Adjourn Business meeting
2:00 PM Program meeting (to be live streamed on Facebook)
2:15 PM Senator Cory Booker
2:30 PM Getting Comfortable with Being Uncomfortable–Dr. Khyati Joshi (Keynote address)
3:15 PM Elect More Feminists to Achieve Equality
Senator Loretta Weinberg
Candidate Amy Kennedy (NJ02)
Candidate Stephanie Schmid (NJ04)
4:30 PM Assembly Member Shavonda Sumter
On October 3 at 1:00 PM, we’ll open the conference with an opening message and then conduct conference business, including passing our conference agenda and bylaws amendments proposed by the State Board. We will also hear a Nominations Committee Report and elect our 2020-2022 State Officers.
Voting at the Conference
Due to the challenges of voting in a virtual environment, we will follow these procedures for voting at the conference.
- Only voting-eligible members of New Jersey NOW and candidates will be allowed to register and attend using the Zoom link.
- Voting will be conducted through Zoom’s anonymous polling feature. This will enable us to get secure instantaneous vote counts for the attendees. This is also in accordance with our current bylaws that ONLY allow voting by credentialed conference attendees.
- We will conduct votes for the following:
Adoption of Agenda
Adoption of bylaws amendments proposed by the State Board
Adoption of Nominating Committee Report
Election of Officers
- For positions that are uncontested, our Bylaws allow for election by motion and casting of elective ballot by the State Secretary. Since that position is currently vacant, the Chair of the Nominating Committee shall cast the elective ballot.
- Conference attendees may view proposed bylaws amendments by going to this web page.
State Officer Candidates
State President – Anjali Mehrotra
State Administrative Vice President – Saily Avelenda
State Action Vice President – Danni Newbury
State Membership Vice President – Joseph Shelley
State Communications (formerly Technology) Vice President – Isha Mehrotra
State Legislative Vice President – Linda Weber
State Treasurer – Katherine Brennan
State Secretary – Aisha Mapp
Candidate bios can be accessed here.
We are looking forward to “seeing” you Saturday!
Anjali Mehrotra, President (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the State Conference Committee.
New Jersey NOW
Our purpose is to act through intersectional, anti-racist grassroots activism to promote
feminist ideals, lead societal change, eliminate discrimination, and achieve and protect
the equal rights of all women and girls in all aspects of social, political, and economic life.
2560 Route 22 East, #265, Scotch Plains, NJ 07076 | 609.310.1150
Connect with us on social media @NOWNewJersey